"Man does not cease to play because he grows old; Man grows old because he ceases to play."
-George Bernard Shaw

Monday, July 2, 2012

Well, here we are in week 2.
The pity party is over and I am feeling the weight of the world roll off of my shoulders and onto the ground.
I was talking to a staff member this morning and I mentioned how overwhelmed and stressed I was trying to complete my homework.  One of the boys overheard (he's 3) and he laughed.  I asked him what's funny and he said, "Miss Michelle, you're silly.  Teachers don't go to school, you already know everything!"
It was such a silly thought to him.  But, then I thought about that.  What if we could get to a point where we knew everything? My, what a sad world that would be, to never have anything more to learn.
"To teach is to learn twice."-Joseph Joubert

No comments:

Post a Comment