"Man does not cease to play because he grows old; Man grows old because he ceases to play."
-George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wading through

I am literally "wading through" my week as I wipe layers of sweat off of my everything.  My household temperature is registering 101 degrees and there is no sign of a power crew to turn our power back on.
Nevertheless, forward I trudge.  I went to the office today to use the internet, A/C, and printer.  I took time to read through all of the documents in doc sharing and all of the discussions of the students in my group.
What's great about grad school is that you are there because you really want to be.  We all seem to have this zealousness about us that will carry us through this program as we strive to become exemplary scholars.
I look forward to sharing in discussions and learning what others gain from the materials and resources.
I will spend most of today studying and reading and completing assignments, so that I may enjoy at least one day this week sleeping.
I am off from work until Monday.  Hopefully, I won't spend every waking moment studying, reading posts, sweating, and looking for power crews!
Oh yeah, I can't believe I'm a GRAD student. Say it again, I'm a GRAD student.
Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment