"Man does not cease to play because he grows old; Man grows old because he ceases to play."
-George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wk 8-Thank You!See You At Graduation!




Wow, we're almost there! Here we are in our last class as a group before branching off into our individual specializations. Some of us will continue this journey together, but some will be saying,"so long".

I hope to "see" many of you in my next course. My specialization is Teaching Adults. I have been training preschool teachers for many years now and I have facilitated or taught all of the courses we have had up to this point, but the Communications course was new to me. I have learned and grown in so many ways thanks to this course. I thought I was a great communicator, but I have really examined my communication skills and changed how I communicate with others and how I listen to others. I am also learning to talk to my children in a more collaborative, respectful way. My cultural background taught me that the parent has all of the power and commands respect ("That's why I'm the parent and you're the child" "Do as I say and don't question me"). How's that working? Not great. I am working to build trustful, open, respectful relationships with my children. It's never too late.


I am very grateful for all of the words of encouragement and support that I have received from everyone. We are all different ages and from different backgrounds with different experiences, yet we have been able to support each other and form relationships through cyberspace. I have been inspired by each and every one of you to keep pushing and moving forward. We have all had to deal with the stress and realities of real life while trying to be successful students and keep up with our studies. At times, it has been difficult, but having your words and thoughts have helped support me in many ways. You should see me every Sunday when I open up the new week's assignments. I am at a loss each and every time. "THEY WANT ME TO WRITE ABOUT WHAT? I DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO START THIS PAPER! OH, NO, I'M NEVER GOING TO FIGURE THIS OUT!"I am a hot mess! And my daughter just rolls her eyes. "Mom, you say this every week. Month after month. And you still manage to do it. Oh, please!" LOL

I am looking forward to our final project-GRADUATION!
I wish you all good luck and opportunity and I thank you for our time together.
Thank you to Dr. Hampshire for your patience with my questions and anxieties.

Please stay in touch, I'm just an email away-michelle.bronson@waldenu.edu

Good Luck,
Mimi



5 comments:

  1. Michelle, I think you know that I appreciate and enjoy reading and responding to your postings. I often WAIT..."When is she gonna post??" just to see what your thoughts are. Your insight and perspective helps me through the assignments and I have found myself turning WWJD into WDMS (what did michelle say). Best wishes as you complete your studies. I am not in the track you're on, so we may not run into each other in the next chat room. Thanks for your professional experience that you shared in your blogs and postings. I HATE BLOGGING...so unless it's required, I avoid it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all of your input and support thought this class. I really appreciate all of your had work and dedication to the field of early childhood. It has been great to learn from each other on a less formal level through these blogs. I have really valued your opinions. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always expressed more than what I could have expected through your blogs. You've been so detailed and expressive sharing your journey and support. I wish you much success and I hope you keep your blog active and updated so we can share your success through the cohesion within our groups. You foster the positive group experiences by "demonstrating that you value others' opinions". O'Hair, D., & Wiemann, M. (2012).

    Reference

    O'Hair, D., & Wiemann, M. (2012). Real communication: An introduction. New York: Bedford/St. Martin's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi,
    I've missed you in this class, I have to tell you I do the same thing when I open up the following weeks assignments and some how it just falls into place. I am also moving on to Teaching Adults, hopefully we'll be together. I know how children learn and I know how I learn but other than that I don't know any thing else, should be an interesting.
    Have a relaxing few days off before we jump in for our last full sememster. See (talk to) you soon.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi,

    Lol!!...I know exactly what you are saying about opening up the assignment every week wondering how are you going to start the paper and figure out what to write. I have said the same thing and my daughter has had the same response yours did...mom please, you say that all of the time and always get it done..relax! Lol! Thank you Michelle for your support and for the comments you posted to my blogs and discussions. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge, insights, and your suggestions. It has truly been a pleasure working with you in this and other classes! My specialization is Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education...so...I guess this is "so long" until graduation. I wish you the best as you forge ahead to complete the final courses of your degree! We are almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete